Tuesday 21 October 2014

Flower Patch Floating Front Birthday Card For Gill

Our wonderful friend Gill is celebrating her birthday today and I made a floating front card for her.  I've used feminine, lacy paper and a blue and aqua colour combo as I know those will go down well! 

The Island Indigo card base measures 5 3/4" square.  I stamped the largest flower in Island Indigo ink, the smaller flower in Pool Party ink and I used Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive inks for the leaves.  After I'd finished die cutting I adhered the flowers and leaves together so it formed one element and I stamped and die cut the sentiment element.  I attached both elements to butterfly hinges (punched circles folded in half) so the elements float when the card is open on display.  I added white ribbon and a bow, two butterflies and placed a sparkly embellishment in the centre of the flower.  I punched and shaped two tiny flowers and placed them over the 'oo' in the word 'blooming' - I thought that was a fun touch!  To complete the card front I sprinkled on some rhinestones. 

If you'd like to make a floating front card yourself, I have instructions on my Tutorials page HERE.


This photo shows the back of the card with the sentiment panel and the punched circle and slit closure.


These fab floating front cards fold flat to go in an envelope - I love that!  Here's the card ready to be slipped inside the envelope.


I used the SU! Envelope Punch Board to make a 6" x 6" envelope with the beautiful, lacy paper and simply added a name label to the envelope front.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flower Patch' & 'Papillon Potpourri' sets, Hero Arts 'Special Birthday'
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Pool Party & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Authentique 'Classique Elegant - Three'
Ink: SU! Island Indigo, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive
Tools: SU! 'Flower Fair' & 'Apothecary Accents' Framelits dies, 'Bitty Butterfly' punch, circle punches, Simply Scored & Envelope Punch boards, Woodware multi flower punch, Petite Oval Nestabilities die, sponge dauber

Embellishments & accessories: Creative Expressions 'Crystal Sparkler', SU! Whisper White stitched ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10