Monday 13 October 2014

Sun, Hills & Meadow Scene Card - ATSM #116 Challenge

I want to take part in more of the many challenges around blogland and I'm entering this card at the Addicted to Stamps and More #116 Anything Goes challenge.  I've been having enormous fun playing with inks and ink duster brushes to create scenes after discovering Sally Holmes who creates the most wonderful scenes.  I've watched Sally's videos a few times to pick up tips and techniques and have spent ages looking at cards on her blog.  This card is  based on the card Sally featured on her blog post HERE.  I love the fact that you can achieve a lovely inked scene using just three colours of ink plus black!

Memento Dandelion, Bahama Blue and Rose Bud  inks were dusted onto a piece of Whisper White CS using ink duster brushes.  A 1 3/4" circle punch created the sun mask and I used the Inkylicious mountain/valley stencil with Tuxedo Black ink to create the hills.  I stamped the foliage silhouettes and the birds in black ink to complete the scene panel.  I made a black 5 3/4" square card base, cut off some of the front of the card and glued a panel of Very Vanilla CS inside the card.  I layered the scene panel onto a mat of pink paper and adhered that to the card front.  

 

Here's the card open with just the front of the card visible.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I added a die cut bitty bow to the strip of dotty pink paper and placed a gem in the centre of the bow.  This card is going to a friend who is going through a very rough time at the moment and I think the sentiment is very appropriate.  I decorated the front of the envelope with the pink dotty paper and a name label to complete the card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkylicious 'Picture Perfect' set & 'Delicate Vines' stamp, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! Basic Black, Very Vanilla & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Bo Bunny 'Blush' Double Dot paper
Ink: Memento Dandelion, Bahama Blue, Rose Bud & Tuxedo Black
Tools: Inkylicious ink duster brushes & mountain/valley stencil, Creative Expressions Finishing Touches 'Classic 3D Itty Bitty Bows' die set, label dies from Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-Its #2' Framelits dies set
Embellishments & accessories: Marianne Designs Diamond Gem 



 photo RoseRuth.gif 


5 comments:

Rocky said...

That sky is amazing. It's a beautiful card.

Julie B said...

Love your scene and that sky is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATSM this week. :)

Sally H said...

A stunning card, Ruth! Thanks so much for the mention and for the wonderful comment you left for me. So pleased you are enjoying your dusters and it looks like you are already a bit of a scene expert.Lol, I bet you never thought you would be saying how much you enjoy dusting!!!

Neets B said...

Such a lovely scene. I'm new to ink dusters, bought some a couple of weeks ago so I need to get some practice in. You've done a great job. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Oh, and 'A Gem of a Challenge' has the current challenge where the theme is Create a Scene - this would be a fab entry x

stressfreestamping said...

Wow, this is breathtaking. The scene you have created is so lifelike and gorgeous. I just love this to bits! Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)

01 09 10