Wednesday 4 February 2015

Decorated Wooden Money Box

A couple of months ago I bought a plain wooden money box which I wanted to decorate and keep in my craft room.  It's almost 4" wide and it has a depth and height of 2 3/4".  First I painted the box with Cosmic Shimmer 'Jade Mint' matt chalk paint and then I glued on pieces of Basic Grey Spice Market 'Marjoram' patterned paper.  I added thin strips of SU! Midnight Muse CS and added punched out patterned paper circles to the top of the box.  To finish off I gave the money box a couple of coats of gloss varnish - I wanted a durable finish!


Here's another view showing the circles on the top.


This is now in my craft room collecting £1 and £2 coins which I pop in occasionally.  I look forward to seeing how much I have when the box is filled - and that shouldn't take too long.  I'm hoping I will have saved enough for a significant crafty purchase.  If I want a major crafty item that's on the pricey side I like to have saved up for it - or towards it at least!

 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10