Monday 6 April 2015

Four Glitter Pot Class Cards

I've been so busy preparing for and running classes that I had to put blogging to one side for a while.  Recently I've been running classes at the Glitter Pot, at my home and I had my monthly card group last week also.  I think I've just about caught up with myself now but a bad back certainly isn't helping matters!

A week or so ago I ran two classes at the Glitter Pot, the morning class was 'In the Garden' and the afternoon class was 'Simply Stunning'.  The 'In the Garden' theme was to include tools for the men and flowers for the ladies.  For the tools card I designed a shed for the gardener, Bert, with garden tools propped up outside.  To get the wood effect I inked the inside of a woodgrain embossing folder with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and embossed a 6" square of kraft CS.  I cut the shed shape, door and eaves to size, inked all the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and assembled the shed.  I covered the front of the square card base with blue card and green paper and popped up the shed.  I punched a yellow circle, inked the edges with Wild Honey Distress Ink and glued the sun behind the shed.  I die cut and embossed the tools, glued the rake flat but popped up the spade and fork.  I cut a pot shape from white card and used ProMarkers to make a mossy terracotta plant pot.  I glued punched leaves behind and popped the pot up.  I punched a 1/4" dark brown circle, glued it to the door and added a silver nailhead as a door knob.


My idea for the flowers for the ladies card was to try and create a scene that looked like a lawn and herbaceous border.  I had to add a feminine touch with some pretty dotty ribbon and I thought a flower filled wheelbarrow would look good positioned on a perfectly smooth, lush, green lawn!  Lady Clutterbuck has just done some judicious pruning and has watered the flowers and Bert the gardener will be returning the secateurs and watering can to his tool shed presently!  I die cut the wheelbarrow from Tea Dye Distress Card, embossed the shape and then scuffed the embossing with fine sandpaper to bring out the detail.  I slotted the handles of the secateurs inside the watering can, added punched leaves and flowers to the wheelbarrow and popped both shapes up.  More punching for the leaves and flowers for the herbaceous border and then lots of fiddly arranging!   I used a silver Gelly Roll pen to add a silver dot to the centre of each flower and I placed a silver nailhead on the centre of the wheel and a smaller silver nailhead on the secateurs to complete the card.  There were 13 ladies on the class and there was a mad rush to get everything done - I think some ladies took some flowers home to arrange them at their leisure!   


In the afternoon things were much more relaxed as the two cards featured simple designs with straight forward stamping, die cutting and dry embossing.  No sheds to construct or flowers to arrange just so!  The dies are 'Surely Stitched Square' and 'Surely Stitched Circle' dies made by Memory Box.  For this first card I dry embossed a panel of white card with a dotty folder, glued it to the right hand side and drew a black line with a marker.  I stamped an image from the Penny Black '...Wishes' set in Memento Rose Bud ink, added a black stamped sentiment, cut it out with a circle punch, glued it into place and glued the black die cut shape over the top.  I drew pencil marks to help with getting those thin lines glued straight! Some bright pink gems finished off the card.


For the second card I used the 'Surely Stitched Square' die and gorgeous Bazzill Bling CS in 'Diamond' and 'Glitz' - such a beautiful blue colour!  I die cut three squares of Bazzill Bling 'Diamond' CS, embossed those with the dotty folder, glued them in place and glued the blue die cut shapes over the top.  Again, I used pencil marks to help with the placement of the thin lines of the die cut shapes!  I punched three blue hearts, popped them up and added pretty Marianne Designs Diamond Gems.  The 'heartfelt wishes' sentiment from the '...Wishes' set seemed the perfect choice for this card.  Some ladies chose a different sentiment and added punched flowers to their cards rather than hearts - that's the great thing about this design, it's very versatile and easily adapted!


Supplies for shed card:
Stamps: none
CS: Bazzill 'Sea Water', 'Brown', 'Ivy' & 'Sunshine', Craftwork Cards kraft, silver mirri card, Glitter Pot Thick White Card

Patterned paper: Bo Bunny 'Wasabi' Double Dot Textured Paper (plain side used)
Ink: Tim Holtz 'Gathered Twigs', 'Walnut Stain' & 'Wild Honey' Distress Inks, 'Terracotta' & 'Grass' ProMarkers
Tools: X Cut 'Woodgrain' 6" x 6" embossing folder, Leane Creatief  'Garden Tools' die set, Woodware 'Grass' large punch, Woodware 1 1/2" & 1/4" circle punches, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: silver nailhead, 3D foam pads


Supplies for wheelbarrow & watering can card:
Stamps: none

CS: Glitter Pot Thick White Card, Bazzill 'Blossom', 'Petunia', 'Ivy', 'Kisses' & 'Brown', Core'dinations 'Amazon', Tim Holtz 'Tea Dye' Distress CS
Ink: none
Tools: Leane Creatief  'Barrow & Watering Can' & 'Garden Tools' die sets, Woodware multi 'Christmas Flower' & 'Grass' large punches
Embellishments & accessories: pink dotty grosgrain ribbon, silver nailheads, 3D foam pads 


Supplies for wishing you well card:
Stamps: Penny Black '...Wishes' clear set
CS: Glitter Pot Thick White Card, Glitter Pot Black Card
Ink: Memento 'Rose Bud', VersaFine 'Onyx Black'
Tools: Memory Box 'Surely Stitched Circle' die, Crafts Too 5" x 5" 'Dots' embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: pink gems


Supplies for heartfelt wishes card:
Stamps: Penny Black '...Wishes' clear set
CS: Glitter Pot Thick White Card, Bazzill Bling 'Diamond' & 'Glitz'
Ink: VersaFine 'Vintage Sepia'
Tools: Memory Box 'Surely Stitched Square' die, Crafts Too 5" x 5" 'Dots' embossing folder, Woodware large 'Heart' punch
Embellishments & accessories: Marianne Designs Diamond Gems, 3D foam pads 


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10