Tuesday 28 April 2015

Lacy Emboss Resist Thank You Card

My friend Jan gave me the gorgeous SU! 'Something Lacy' stamp for my birthday and I wanted to use it to make her a thank you card.  I've had no time recently to make cards for myself as I've been so busy with stuff for classes.  I managed to get some crafty me time on Friday and I had a wonderful time getting inky creating this card!

I stamped the lace onto Whisper White CS with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white powder.  I used ink duster brushes to apply Broken China, Faded Jeans and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks, trimmed the panel to size and inked the edges with SU! Night of Navy ink.  I layered the panel onto a Night of Navy CS mat and placed a rhinestone brad in each corner.  That lacy goodness is far too pretty to cover up so I opted to make a die cut sentiment the focal point on top of the background.   Using Night of Navy CS I cut a strip to go across the card, die cut my new Spellbinder's 'Pierced Delight' label shape and popped that up.  I die cut two white sentiment labels and popped up the stamped 'Thank You' label.  I die cut the Joanna Sheen 'Lace Edger 2' border from 'Harborside' Core'dinations CS, glued that behind the Night of Navy mat and adhered the whole panel to the front of a 7" x 5" white card base.  A bit of sparkle is always good and I completed the front by sprinkling on a few rhinestone gems.


Here's the inside and the envelope flap.


Here's the front of the envelope.  The fancy corner was made with a 'Floral Corner 1' Spellbinders D-Lites die - also a gift from Jan.  For the inside and the envelope I inked the Something Lacy stamp with Broken China, Faded Jeans and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks, stamped it onto Whisper White CS and cut strips from the stamped piece.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Something Lacy' background stamp, 'Morning Meadow' & 'Simply Sketched' sets
CS: PaperMania 5" x 7" white card blank, SU! Night of Navy & Whisper White, Core'dinations 'Harborside'
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Night of Navy, Ranger Tim Holtz Broken China, Faded Jeans & Evergreen Bough Distress Inks
Tools: Spellbinders D-Lites 'Pierced Delight' & 'Floral Corner 1' dies, 'Lace Edger 2' Joanna Sheen Signature Die, Spellbinders 'Grommet Tags' dies, Sizzix 'Banners, Fancy' Framelits dies, Woodware multi flower punch, circle punches, Inkylicious ink duster brushes, piercing tool, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: white embossing powder, rhinestone brads, rhinestone jewels, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

L-O-V-E the amazing ombre on this creation, Ruth! That background stamp is super beautiful, too! Wonderful! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

01 09 10