Monday 8 June 2015

Flower Patch Birthday Step Panel Card

Whilst browsing the web a week or so ago I came across a step panel card made by Dawn Griffiths.  Dawn has a video ON THIS BLOG POST showing how to make a step panel card.  A fancy fold card but simple to put together and it folds flat to go in an envelope so I thought I'd give it a go!  I used the same stamp set as Dawn - SU!'s Flower Patch - but I opted to use some of the new SU! In Colours - Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron and Cucumber Crush.

The card base was made with Watermelon Wonder CS and I layered the stamped piece onto a mat of Mint Macaron CS.  I stamped the larger flowers in Watermelon Wonder ink (1st and 2nd generation stamping), the leaves in Cucumber Crush (1st and 2nd generation stamping) and for the medium flower I used Mint Macaron with Soft Suede ink for the centre.  I punched the sentiment layer with the new SU! Banner Triple punch, popped that up and I also popped up the flowers and leaves on the step panel.  I just had to add some of the lush Watermelon Wonder lacy ribbon!  Rhinestone centres for the flowers completed the card front.


Here's a photo from a slightly different angle.


Here's a side view.  My card wouldn't stay up, it kept tilting forward.  I made a Watermelon Wonder CS sleeve, slid that inside the bottom step and that remedied the situation.


Here's the back panel of the card.


Here's the card together with the envelope.  I used the Banner Triple punch to cut all three widths of banner to decorate the envelope front.


I gave this to Margaret, one of my card group ladies, for her birthday and it was very well received!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flower Patch' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets
CS: SU! Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush & Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Flower Fair' Framelits dies, Banner Triple punch, Simply Scored

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Trim, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals 

 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10