Friday 12 June 2015

Sparkly Butterfly Happy Birthday Wishes Card

This is the second birthday card I've made for my friend Jan - this one will be given to her by her hubby Alan.  Jan loves butterflies and I happen to know that she will be receiving this Penny Black 'Social Butterfly' stamp set as a birthday gift from a friend.  I thought Jan might appreciate seeing a card made with the set!

I wanted a classy and elegant look and the colour combo of Elegant Eggplant, silver and white helped with that I think.  I embossed the pearly white CS panel with the 'Splendour' embossing folder, layered that onto a mat of Elegant Eggplant CS and I added the strip of ribbon.  I layered that panel onto a mat of silver pearly CS which I glued to the front of an Elegant Eggplant 5 3/4" square card base.   I stamped the butterfly in Elegant Eggplant ink onto a piece of Whisper White CS, applied a piece of double sided adhesive sheet over the top, peeled off the backing paper and sprinkled SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter all over the piece.  I placed a plain sheet of paper over the glittered image and rubbed firmly to ensure the glitter adhered well to the double sided adhesive sheet.  I fussy cut the butterfly, glued the body flat to the card but placed Dimensionals under the wings.  I stamped the four butterfly corner images, fussy cut them and glued them in place.  I stamped, die cut and popped up the sentiment element and added a few rhinestones to finish the front of the card.


Oh my goodness, that butterfly is sparkly!  Here's a closer look.



Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  I love those butterfly corners so I added those on the inside too along with a stamped sentiment and a stamped and fussy cut dragonfly.  For the envelope flap I punched circles and added a stamped and fussy cut butterfly.


 As 'Jan' is a short name I thought the sweet little oval fancy tag dies would make a suitable name label for the front of the envelope!


Hopefully, both of the birthday cards I've made for Jan will be well received!

Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Social Butterfly' set, SU! 'Simply Sketched' set, Hero Arts 'Messages With Flourish' clear set
CS: SU! Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White, Centura Pearl Snow White - Hint of Silver CS, silver pearly CS
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Embossalicious 'Splendour' 6" x 6" embossing folder, Spellbinders Shapeabilities 'Fancy Framed Tags Two' die set, Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Petite Ovals' die, 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, rhinestone jewels & Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10