Friday 22 April 2016

Flowers, Foliage & Butterflies Just For You Card

This is a card I made for a close friend following a sudden bereavement.  I'm not comfortable making 'with sympathy' cards and so I chose to make a 'Just for you' card.  I wanted to create an elegant card but without it being too sombre.  I like the splashes of Daffodil Delight alongside the Mossy Meadow.  I've used SU! 'Blooming with Kindness', 'Butterfly Basics' and 'Gorgeous Grunge' sets along with the 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits die.  I placed a strip of ribbon on a die cut border and adhered a tied bow on top using a glue dot.  I inked the edges of the white panel and the butterflies with Daffodil Delight ink and added rhinestones to the butterfly bodies.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I'm always happy to do a spot of layered stamping!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Blooming with Kindness', 'Butterfly Basics' & 'Gorgeous Grunge' sets, Personal Impressions 'Everyday Messages' medium & large sets
CS: SU! Mossy Meadow, Daffodil Delight & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Mossy Meadow, Daffodil Delight & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits die, MFT Scallop Ribbon die, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Daffodil Delight stitched ribbon, SU! rhinestone jewels


 photo RoseRuth.gif


1 comment:

Candyce said...

What I love best about your ideas is how you do the inside and envelope to match the card. I enjoy your posts so much!

01 09 10