Saturday 7 May 2016

Two Double Z Birthday Cards

Recently I came across this fab double Z card made by Jan Brown and I just had to have a go - I needed birthday cards for Sue and Janet at card group so while I was at it I made two cards.  I love a fancy fold card that's easy and this one is - huge thanks to Jan B for the inspiration and how to video tutorial!

For Sue I made a card featuring lacy patterned paper and an MDF butterfly shape that I'd covered with IndigoBlu Morris Dance gilding flakes.  I decided to go for black as my main colour to better show off the colours on the butterfly.  To make the card base and strip I used my metric ScorPal to make the score lines in exactly the right places - the ScorPal has grooves with special markings so it makes creating cards like these an absolute doddle!


Here's a view from above so you can see how the card is constructed.


Here's a close up of the butterfly with all those gorgeous colours.


Here's the message panel I stamped.  It's a good idea to write on the message panel before you attach the Z strip in place permanently - or glue the panel in place after you've attached the Z strip.


Another view.


Here's the front of the envelope.


Here's the back of the envelope.


For Janet's card I used Sue Wilson peony flower stamps and dies so my design is pretty similar to the card Jan B made using the SU! Flower Shop set.  The card base is made with Mossy Meadow CS and I used Soft Sky and Night of Navy for the flowers.  I stamped the leaves in Mossy Meadow ink onto Pear Pizzazz CS.  


Here's a view of the card closed ready to pop inside the envelope.


Here's the message panel.  I stamped two peonies in stamped off once Soft Sky ink before stamping the sentiment over the top in Night of Navy ink.


Here's the front of the envelope.


Here's the back of the envelope.


I really enjoyed making these and I hope it won't be too long before I make another double Z card!

Supplies for butterfly card:
Stamps: SU! 'Viola's Lace', Penny Black 'Great Day'
CS: SU! Basic Black & Sahara Sand

Patterned paper: Kaisercraft 'Gloss' from All That Glitters collection
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: metric ScorPal, circle punch, Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-Its #2' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania Bare Basics MDF butterfly shape, IndigoBlu Morris Dance gilding flakes, Flitter Glu & Scoochy,  large black gems


Supplies for peonies card:
Stamps: Sue Wilson 'Shaded Peony' stamp set, 'Have a wonderful day' from Hero Arts
CS: SU! Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Night of Navy & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Season of Cheer' DSP
Ink: SU! Soft Sky & Night of Navy
Tools: Sue Wilson 'Perfect Peony Complete Petals' die set, metric ScorPal, Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-Its #2'  Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10