Thursday 9 June 2016

Painted Petals Free Standing Pop Up Card

My friend Jan's birthday is on Monday and this is the card I gave to her from me at card group last Thursday.  I haven't made a free standing pop up card in a long while and it was fun to make one again.  An unusual card that folds flat to go into an envelope is definitely a good thing!  I used a recent eBay purchase, the SU! 'Painted Petals' stamp set.  I love the watercolour effect of these pretty floral stamps!

My colour combo was Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi and Whisper White.  I cut an 11" x 4 1/8" piece of Strawberry Slush CS and scored at 1", 2 3/4", 3 3/4", 5 1/2", 7 1/4", 8 1/4" and 10".  I cut a slit along the centre score line for the image panel to slide through.  The Splitcoast Stampers website has a Free Standing Pop Up Card Tutorial HERE if you'd like to check that out.  Here's a front view of the card on display.


Here's a side view of the card.   


Here's a view of the card folded flat ready to be placed inside an envelope.  Personally, I prefer to position any dimensional elements towards the top so they don't get caught up in the slit so I was careful to place the butterfly at the top!  You can choose to add dimensional elements and/or bulky embellishments but you then have to ensure you cut a wider slit to accommodate them.


I adhered a stamped message panel to the back of the card and stamped the envelope flap.  Jan very sadly lost her husband Alan a few months ago and I'm conscious that this first birthday on her own is going to be an ordeal.  So I chose not to use a 'happy birthday' sentiment, opting for 'Best Wishes' and 'With Love' instead.  


I also stamped the front of the envelope and added a die cut name label and a butterfly.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Painted Petals' set, Clearly Besotted 'Brushed Greetings II' set
CS: SU! Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Strawberry Slush & Wild Wasabi
Tools: SU! 'Simply Scored' score board, 'Curvy Corner Trio' punch & 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits die, Sizzix Original 'Bookplates' die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white stitched ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10