Tuesday 21 June 2016

Rose Wonder Pocket Birthday Card

Whilst browsing on Pinterest recently I came across the fab card below made by Lou Kitzelman using the SU! 'Rose Wonder' stamp and die sets.


It's a fun card - the stamped panel slides into a pocket created by the die cut wrapped around a piece of CS.  The die cut rose needs to line up with the stamped rose.

I was so taken with the idea that I just had to make one myself!  As I was nearing the end I realised I'd deviated from Lou's design - Lou placed her stamped rose panel on a mat layer but I missed out that step - ooops, I should have paid more attention!  I don't think it makes a huge difference to the finished card, I just placed my message panel on the back of the pocket piece.  I stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured with Bermuda Bay and Wild Wasabi inks and a water brush.  I opted for a black pocket rather than a Crumb Cake one and while I had the Curvy Corner Trio punch out to punch the ribbon slot I decided to round the top two corners of my stamped panel.  I loved the two strips of ribbon behind the sentiment so I copied that look from Lou's card.


Here's the card partially pulled from the pocket.


Here's the pocket and stamped panel side by side.


Here's the stamped envelope plus the back of the pocket card with my stamped message panel.  


This ingenious and inspiring idea was shared by a designer at a Stampin' Up! OnStage event.  Many thanks to the original designer and also to Lou for sharing her version and providing instructions!  Lou's blog post can be found by clicking HERE.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Rose Wonder'  & 'Butterfly Basics' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Bermuda Bay & Wild Wasabi
Tools: SU! 'Rose Garden' Thinlits die set, SU! 'Curvy Corner Trio' punch, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Bermuda Bay 1/8" stitched ribbon, Kaisercraft adhesive gems, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif
01 09 10