Friday 17 June 2016

Roses On Hardwood Circle Happy Birthday Card

Currently I'm on a mission to use some of my old two step stamping floral sets.  For this birthday card I've used the retired SU! 'A Rose is a Rose' set.  Although I'm using an old stamp set I've used brand new inks - Flirty Flamingo and Emerald Envy which are two new SU! In Colours.

When working with two step stamping sets I stamp quite a few images, probably more than I'll end up using, doing all the solid images first followed by the outlines. I clean the stamps and set them to one side.  Then I fussy cut a few images and faff about with design and placement.  The reason I stamp more images than I need is that if I decide I need more images for the design I've got stamped images ready to be fussy cut and I don't have to get out the stamps and inks again.  I've learned from experience that lots of inky stamps and open ink pads on my desk are not ideal when I'm assembling a two step stamping card!

I stamped the flower images in Flirty Flamingo ink - stamped off once for the solid images and full strength for the outline images.  I stamped the leaves in Emerald Envy ink - stamped off twice for the solid image and full strength for the outline image.  For the rose bud stem I used stamped off once Emerald Envy ink.  I stamped the Hardwood background stamp on white CS with Smoky Slate ink and die cut a 4 1/4" circle.  I adhered a strip of shimmery black and silver polka dot paper to the 5 3/4" square card base and attached the stamped vellum sentiment strip to the circle with a brad.  I arranged the floral clusters, gluing the leaves to the circle but popping up all the flowers.  I then popped up the Hardwood stamped circle.  I added a few black metallic nailheads to complete the front.


More roses and leaves went inside and on the envelope flap.


Lilacs will feature on my next two step stamping card!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'A Rose is a Rose' & 'Birthday Blossoms' sets, SU! 'Hardwood' background stamp
CS: SU! Whisper White (regular & thick)

Patterned paper: black & silver polka dot paper from DCWV 'Twinkle Glints' stack
Ink: SU! Flirty Flamingo & Emerald Envy, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: circle Grand Nestabilities die, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! brad base, black metallic nailheads, 3D foam tape & SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10