Wednesday 13 July 2016

Coral & Navy Roses Birthday Card

While the Euro football tournament was on I spent a lot of time in my craft room, some of the time was spent using my two step stamping sets. This is the last of those cards featuring a firm favourite - the absolutely gorgeous SU! 'Stippled Blossoms' set.

Inspiration can be found everywhere!  I work in a busy shop which means I see a lot of people during a shift.  I'm sometimes struck by the pretty clothes the ladies wear and think how I could incorporate the designs and/or colour combos into my card designs.  Just recently a lady was wearing a beautiful, floral, summer dress in shades of coral and navy - very eyecatching - and I resolved to make a floral card using those colours.  The patterned paper is from the SU! 'Floral Boutique' DSP pack and I added a Calypso Coral Grosgrain Ribbon die cut strip above the paper.  I stamped the solid flowers in Peekaboo Peach ink (stamped off once) and the outline flowers in full strength Calypso Coral ink.  For the solid leaves I used Dapper Denim ink (stamped off three times) and full strength Night of Navy ink for the outline leaves.  I stamped the sentiment and then fussy cut the flowers and leaves.  I arranged the images, popping up the large rose and one of the smaller roses.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I'm not generally a fan of orange but I can make an exception with Calypso Coral and I love how it looks with Night of Navy!


The Euro football tournament is over but I'm planning to schedule dedicated crafting time so I get a regular fix of inky therapy!  I'd like to start making some Christmas cards - it's never too early to be prepared with those!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Stippled Blossoms' & 'Butterfly Basics' sets
CS: SU! Calypso Coral, Night of Navy & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Floral Boutique' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Peekaboo Peach, Calypso Coral, Dapper Denim & Night of Navy
Tools: Memory Box 'Grosgrain Ribbons' die set, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10