Tuesday 5 July 2016

Pink Ombre Watercolour Detailed Floral Note Card

Whilst browsing on Pinterest I came across this lovely card made by Sarah-Jane Rae using the exquisite SU! 'Detailed Floral' Thinlits dies.  Sarah-Jane has a fab video tutorial on her blog post and after watching it I knew I'd have to CASE her card and make my own version!

I placed drops of  Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Primrose Petals and Rose Red inks onto a ceramic tile and I used a clean water brush to dampen a panel of watercolour paper.  I used the water brush to pick up the colours from the tile and apply a wash to the watercolour paper and when I'd finished I used my heat tool to dry the panel.  After die cutting the white fancy floral panel I glued it to the watercolour piece.  After attaching strips of Melon Mambo and Whisper White ribbons  I attached a flower shaped shell button  with silver elastic cord.  I then adhered the whole panel to the front of a Melon Mambo A6 sized card base, choosing to cover the whole of the front of the card and not to leave any border.  To complete the front of the card I sprinkled on a few rhinestone jewels.


Here's the inside of the card and the front of the envelope.  I used the edger die from the set on the piece that went inside the card but didn't use the edger die for the strip I adhered to the envelope.  The floral die is not large enough to cut a strip that will cover the whole height of the envelope so I cut the design twice.  After cutting the first time I lined up the die next to the cut design leaving a teeny tiny gap and I cut again.  That worked really well to get a continuous border, there were only a couple of hair like pieces of CS that I needed to snip out.


At the moment this is remaining a blank note card but I have the option of adding a sentiment inside when I come to use the card later on.  I have used the 'Detailed Floral' Thinlits die set to make another card (again influenced by a card I saw on Pinterest) which I'll be sharing later in the week.  It may then be time to give the die set a rest for a bit!  

Supplies:
Stamps: none
CS: SU! Melon Mambo, Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: SU! Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Primrose Petals & Rose Red
Tools: SU! 'Detailed Floral' Thinlits die set, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Melon Mambo stitched satin ribbon, SU! Whisper White stitched grosgrain ribbon, SU! rhinestone jewels, silver elastic cord, flower shaped shell button, ceramic tile


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10