Sunday 24 July 2016

Tealights Gift Box

Sam over at Pootles is an amazing crafter who makes beautiful projects.  Sam,very helpfully, also has a YouTube channel where she shares papercrafting videos.  There are so many to watch and be inspired by!  Sam makes a lot of boxes and other packaging projects and I particularly loved the tealights box she shared in this blog post.  I went shopping for appropriate tealights and found some where I work - Wilko - which come in a variety of fragrances and colours.  I just had to get the Tropical Passion Fruit and Blueberry scented tealights 'cos they're a match for Pool Party!

I used Pool Party CS and 'Birthday Bouquet' DSP to make my box and opted not to have an opening in the lid.  I sponged all the edges of the box and DSP with Pool Party ink using a sponge dauber.  I wrapped sparkly Pool Party ribbon around the box and tied a bow.  I stamped the sentiment in Old Olive ink, cut that out with a 1 1/4" circle punch, daubed the edge with Old Olive ink, punched a Pool Party 1 1/2" circle, daubed the edge with Pool Party ink and popped that up onto a 1 3/4" Old Olive scalloped circle that I'd edged with Old Olive ink.  I then popped up the sentiment element by placing a Dimensional at the top and bottom of the circle so that the ribbon can be released easily when the bow is untied.


Here's a closer view of the top of the box.


Here's the box open showing the 12 tealights inside.  I used a circle punch to cut a semi circle out of the front flap to make the box easier to open.


Unfortunately, I'd made a mistake with a friend's SU! order and so I gave this to her by way of an apologetic peace offering!  I also bought some Wild Lavender and Rose scented tealights which are pale pink so I'll make a box for a dozen of those in the next few days.  Huge thanks to Sam for sharing and inspiring!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Best Yet' set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Old Olive & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Birthday Bouquet' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Pool Party &amp Old Olive
Tools: SU! Simply Scored, various circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pool Party Glitter Ribbon, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

So lovely and amazing work!

01 09 10