Wednesday 24 August 2016

Flowers & Ginkgo Leaves 50th Birthday Wish Card

We were invited to our neighbour Elke's 50th birthday barbecue and I wanted to create a card for her.  I ended up not having a lot of time to make the card so to make things easier and quicker I based the card on one I'd made earlier for the August card group meeting - a card I'd CASEd from Pinterest.  When you have colours, layout and supplies sorted out a card comes together very quickly!  For this card I changed the colour of the card base, swapped butterflies for flowers, used an extra mat layer and added the numbers and a birthday sentiment.

The Melon Mambo card base measures 5 1/2" square.  I stamped the Weave Backgrounder in Antique Linen Distress Ink, the leaves in Wild Wasabi ink and the flowers in Melon Mambo ink - stamping three times before re-inking to get different shades of pink.  I die cut a stack of numbers and glued them together to give dimension.  I snipped between the flower petals, shaped each flower, glued them in place and added a rhinestone jewel to each flower centre.


Here's the inside and the envelope - you can tell I love those ginkgo leaves!  I'm very happy to say Elke loved the card!


Supplies:
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms 'Weave Backgrounder' stamp, PTI 'Harvest Berries' set, SU! 'Number of Years' & 'Petite Petals' sets, 'Birthday Wish' from Woodware 'Love Tulips' set, Hero Arts 'Everything Wonderful'
CS: SU! Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Melon Mambo & Wild Wasabi, Ranger Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink
Tools: SU! 'Large Numbers' Framelits dies, SU! 'Petite Petals' punch, embossing tool & foam mat, Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-its #2' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

Peanut said...

Gorgeous card, Ruth. LOVE the design and those gingko leaves are lovely. Hope you are well, friend. It has been a long time since our paths crossed. :)
HUGS Asha

01 09 10