Tuesday 27 September 2016

Snowman Merry Christmas Blueprints Card

Here's a Christmas card I've made using a perennial favourite snowman stamp and my MFT Blueprints 14 die set.  I'm really enjoying using this die set!

For this card I've used the layout at the top right.  I die cut the rounded corner square from Island Indigo CS, embossed it with the SU! 'Softly Falling' folder, glued it to a white die cut stitched square which I then glued to the front of a Bermuda Bay square card base.  The rounded corner rectangle die from the Blueprints 14 set wasn't large enough for my Penny Black 'Brush Snowman' image.  I stamped onto a piece of Whisper White thick CS, coloured the image with ProMarkers, trimmed the piece to a rectangle and rounded the four corners with my Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper.  So a bit of a tweak there - but it worked OK for the layout!  I popped up the snowman panel and also popped up the sentiment label.  To complete the card front I added three tiny punched snowflakes with rhinestone jewel centres.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I stamped the snowflakes on the inside panel in Pool Party ink and stamped the sentiment over the top in Island Indigo ink.  I stamped the sentiment again on a separate piece of CS using Bermuda Bay ink, fussy cut the banner portion of the sentiment and glued it over the top.  I decorated the envelope flap with a die cut snowflake and popped a rhinestone jewel in the centre.


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Brush Snowman', Inkylicious 'Santa's Sleigh' set, PSX 'Snowflake Medley', Clearly Besotted 'Eat, Drink & Be Merry' set
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Bermuda Bay, Pool Party & Island Indigo, selection of ProMarkers
Tools: MFT 'Blueprints 14' die set, SU! 'Softly Falling' embossing folder, Spellbinders 'Labels Trio' & 'Snowflake Pendant' die sets, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, Woodware tiny snowflake punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, 3D foam tape


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10