Tuesday 3 January 2017

T Shirt Thank You Card

This is a card I made for my hubby Owen to say heartfelt thanks for the wonderful gifts he gave me at Christmas, he certainly spoiled me!  I really enjoyed spending some time in my craft room and I took the opportunity to play with some new goodies I pre-ordered from the upcoming SU! Spring/Summer catalogue.

The 'Custom Tee' stamp set with matching 'T-shirt Builder' Framelits dies bundle leapt out at me as a 'must have' when I first saw the catalogue.  I was very intrigued by the 'Hexagons Dynamic' embossing folder so I got that too.  Oh my word, the folder gives such a deep impression, it's fabulous!  I embossed the panel of black CS, added the star brad, glued the panel to the front of an SU! white note card and stamped the sentiment.  I stamped the t-shirt on a piece of patterned paper from the 'Serene Scenery' DSP pack and stamped the 'All Star Champ' wording.  I die cut the patterned paper t-shirt plus a couple of plain Crumb Cake t-shirts so I could stack the shapes together for some dimension.  I applied some Soft Suede ink around the edges of the t-shirt using a sponge dauber and popped up the t-shirt.


Here's a closer look at the deep embossing.  The dynamic folder is such a lot thicker than a normal embossing folder, you run it through the Big Shot using Tab 1 and only one cutting plate.  I also followed the recommendation to spritz the CS with water before embossing.  I was amazed at the depth of embossing, it's a definite wow!


I made an envelope from black CS using the envelope punch board.  Here's the inside of the card and the front of the envelope.


Here's the back of the envelope with a twine closure made using CS circles and brads.


Owen loved the card I'm very happy to say!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Custom Tee' & 'Hello Darling' sets, Clearly Besotted 'Brushed Greetings II' set
CS: SU! Basic Black & Crumb Cake, SU! white note card

Patterned paper: SU! 'Serene Scenery' DSP stack
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Real Red & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Hexagons Dynamic' embossing folder, 'T-shirt Builder' Framelits die set, envelope punch board, sponge dauber, circle punch, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! star brad, black & white baker's twine, Dimensionals, Woodware silver brads


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10