Friday 17 March 2017

Indigo & Mint Window Box Card & Gift Box

My friend Jan wanted to come round to make a card and matching box using the SU! 'Window Box' die set and this is what I designed for her to make.  Unfortunately, we couldn't get together on the Saturday we'd planned because I was poorly.  We got together yesterday though and Jan loved the card and box!



I knew I wanted sparkly Glimmer Paper peeping out from behind the beautiful floral cut out design and I chose Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper.  Patterned papers from the 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP pack were chosen next and then I set to work making the card.  I die cut the floral cut out piece from a panel of Whisper White Thick CS, added the patterned paper and Mint Macaron linen ribbon and taped a piece of Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper behind the cut out design.  I matted that panel onto a layer of Island Indigo CS and adhered that layer to the front of a Mint Macaron A6 sized card base.  I stamped, die cut and popped up the sentiment label.  I used a die from the 'Project Life Cards & Labels' die set and cut two shapes.  I cut the Island Indigo shape apart and glued the two ends behind the Mint Macaron shape.  A couple of rhinestone jewels on the sentiment label completed the card front.


Here's how I decorated the inside of the card and the front of the envelope.


I cut the box from Whisper White Thick CS and attached a piece of Mint Macaron Glimmer paper underneath the lid after die cutting the floral cut out design.  One of the square dies from the 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits set is perfect for cutting squares to go on the sides of the box!  I attached six Island Indigo stitched square shapes and added smaller patterned paper squares - alternating the two patterns I'd chosen.  I used PVA glue applied from a fine tip glue bottle to adhere the tabs and assemble the box.


I added a ribbon pull tab to make it easy for the recipient to open the box.


I got the 'Window Shopping' bundle and I used a stamp from the 'Window Shopping' set and a sweet die from the 'Window Box' die set to create a tag for the gift box.  I attached the tag to Mint Macaron linen ribbon tied in a bow diagonally across the box.


Considering this was my first attempt using the 'Window Box' die set I'm very pleased how this turned out - I'm also very pleased that the box was easier to create than I'd imagined it would be!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Birthday Blossoms' & 'Window Shopping' sets
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Mint Macaron & Whisper White (Thick & Regular)

Patterned paper: SU! 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP
Ink: SU! Island Indigo
Tools: SU! 'Window Box' Thinlits & 'Stitched Shapes'  & 'Project Life Cards & Labels' Framelits die sets
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Mint Macaron linen ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals




No comments:

01 09 10