Thursday 20 April 2017

Butterfly Double Dutch Fold Card

I like creating a fancy fold card every now and then and when I came across a double dutch fold card on Pinterest I was determined to make one.  My friend Jan likes to try a new card type every now and then too so I'll be giving this card to her and will await her verdict with interest!

I made a Pool Party A6 sized card base first and cut 2" off the front panel.  Then I cut a 8 1/4" x 2" strip of Pool Party CS, scored it at 2 1/16" on both ends and glued it in place.  I cut my Island Indigo and patterned paper panels and adhered those in place before creating my butterfly.  I stamped the solid butterfly in Pool Party ink (stamped off once), stamped the wing edges in full strength Pool Party ink and stamped the pattern in Island Indigo ink (stamped off once).  After die cutting the butterfly wings I stamped the body in Soft Suede ink, die cut the stitched oval shape and stamped the antenna in Soft Suede ink.  I added some Island Indigo cotton ribbon to the top of the card, stamped the sentiment and popped up the oval.  I glued the butterfly body flat to the card but used Dimensional halves with the backing paper left on underneath the wings so they stay popped up.


Here's the inside of the card.


I just had to put a butterfly on the envelope flap!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Watercolor Wings' & 'Flourishing Phrases' sets

CS: SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Bold Butterfly' & 'Butterflies' die sets
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Island Indigo cotton ribbon, Dimensionals

Ruth

1 comment:

Susan said...

I just found this wonderful card on pinterest. I glad I did. I would like to CASE it for a future StampinUp Class. Thanks so much for sharing.

01 09 10