Friday 16 June 2017

Garden In Bloom Joy Fold Birthday Card & Gift Card Envelope

My good friend Jan celebrated her birthday last Tuesday and this is the card and gift card envelope I made for her.  I tried a new fun fold called a Joy Fold - well, it's new to me anyway, the idea has been around for years and I've always wanted to make one, I honestly don't know why it's taken me so long!

I chose to work with the pretty SU! 'Garden in Bloom' stamp set and papers from the 'English Garden' pack of DSP.  Here is the card together with the envelope.


The card base was made with Early Espresso and Old Olive CS.  I used Blushing Bride, Rose Red, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso inks.  I stamped the leaves onto the white panel but stamped the flowers separately, fussy cut them and popped them up.  I used a clear Wink of Stella pen to add a touch of shimmer to the bee's wings and I popped up the bee circle element.  Here's the card on its own - the corner of the Old Olive panel tucks behind the popped up bee circle to keep the card closed.


Here's the card open.  


Here's a closer look at the sentiment panel inside.


Here's the envelope - I couldn't resist putting a cute bee on the flap!  


One of the birthday gifts I gave to Jan was a gift card and I decided to make an envelope for it.  When you use the Envelope Punch Board with a diagonal striped paper you get an envelope with straight stripes!  I added die cut grosgrain ribbon strips and popped up a die cut name label.


I popped up a pretty flower on the back of the envelope to finish.  A very happy project to make!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Garden in Bloom' set
CS: SU! Early Espresso, Old Olive, Blushing Bride, Rose Red & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'English Garden' DSP
Ink: SU! Early Espresso, Old Olive, Blushing Bride & Rose Red
Tools: SU! Envelope Punch Board, 'Lots of Labels' & 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die sets, Memory Box 'Grosgrain Ribbons' die set, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10