Sunday 18 June 2017

Upsy Daisy For You Card

The new SU! daisy products I got recently reminded me that I had an old, long retired SU! stamp set called 'Upsy Daisy' in my stash.  I got it ages ago from ebay, hadn't used it and I'd made a mental note to get inky with it soon.  I was in desperate need of some crafty therapy after a particularly trying day so I retreated to my craft room and made a nice, easy card using my long neglected daisy stamp.  I used a simple layout, a simple colour combo of Old Olive and Daffodil Delight and just enjoyed creating.

I stamped the row of daisies twice in Old Olive ink - once full strength and then again without re-inking.  I trimmed my white panel to size, added the panel and the patterned paper to a mat layer of Daffodil Delight CS, added the ribbon and glued the whole panel to the front of an A6 sized Old Olive card base.  I stamped the sentiment and added three Daffodil Delight Candy Dots to finish the front.


I really love the yellow and green large daisy paper in the 'Delightful Daisy' DSP pack but thought the pattern was too large and overpowering to be used on the card front.  Instead, I opted to use it to decorate the envelope flap and after trimming off the excess triangular pieces of paper I wondered if I could use one of the pieces to decorate the inside of the card.  I had a bit of a play and decided to go for it!  Here's the inside and envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Upsy Daisy' & 'Blooms & Wishes' sets
CS: SU! Old Olive, Daffodil Delight & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Delightful Daisy' DSP
Ink: SU! Old Olive
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Daffodil Delight ribbon, Daffodil Delight Candy Dots

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10