Sunday 6 August 2017

August 2017 Card Group Projects

Finally, another blog post from me!  July was a hectic month plus I went on holiday so crafting was temporarily suspended.  I'm not working today and I was determined to spend some time creating and to also post on my blog.  My craft room was a complete and utter mess, I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon and evening tidying and cleaning so that I could get in there this morning and just create - fabulous!

Last Thursday it was our August card group meeting and I designed a tea bag sachet gift box and a matching card for the ladies to make.  See this blog post for instructions on how to make a tea bag sachet gift box.  It was a bit of a mad rush to get ready for card group and when I got there I realised I'd forgotten my SU! Simply Scored scoring board and tool so I had to go home and get those.  That made me feel stressed and I was already feeling very tired.  When I came to demonstrate how to make the box I made so many mistakes, I was mortified, so embarrassing!  I've made quite a few of these tea bag sachet gift boxes without any problems at all.  Typical that it all went pear shaped at card group but I think the ladies liked the fact that 'teacher' went wrong!  They are a very sweet and forgiving bunch luckily!

I started off by choosing the patterned papers, opting for two patterns from the SU! 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP pack.  I used SU! Sweet Sugarplum, Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White CS to match the papers.  Here is the box with the card and envelope.


Here is just the box.  The label and the circle are both popped up.


Here is the card.  When I decided to make a card to match the tea bag sachet box I knew I just had to use my tea cup stamp!  I paper pieced the drink portion, fussy cut the tea cup and popped it up.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


I had a trying afternoon and said it was time for me to book my place at the Twilight Home for the Bewildered!  The ladies made their boxes and cards without any incidents so they enjoyed themselves!  I'll have more time to prepare for next month's meeting so I'm hoping for everything to go swimmingly!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Label Me Pretty', 'Best Yet' & 'Blooms & Wishes' sets, Kanban 'Coffee Shop' set
CS: SU! Sweet Sugarplum, Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP
Ink: SU! Sweet Sugarplum, Sahara Sand & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: SU! 'Simply Scored', 'Pretty Label' punch, circle punches, Memory Box 'Grosgrain Ribbons' die set, Spellbinders 'Labels Trio' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth



No comments:

01 09 10