Tuesday 22 August 2017

Snowflake Trio Merry Christmas Card

Snowflakes are very much a favourite motif for me and I always enjoy creating snowflake Christmas cards.  I've used pretty snowflake dies and stamps plus some Dapper Denim ombre paper, all products from the SU! 'Color Theory' suite of products.  Some silver ribbon and rhinestones add a touch of sparkle too.

I started off by making a Dapper Denim A6 sized card base and adhered the Whisper White CS and ombre paper panels plus the ribbon and bow.  I cut out three snowflakes using dies from the 'Seasonal Layers' Thinlits die set, punched out small circles and glued those behind the snowflake centres.  I popped up the snowflakes and the stamped and die cut sentiment oval.  Whilst I had all the supplies out I decided to make another card the same.  I'm also planning to make more of this design but in different colours.  I'm really going to have to make multiples of cards as I definitely won't have the time to make my Christmas cards all different this year!


Here's the inside and the envelope.  The snowflakes and sentiment label were stamped using Dapper Denim ink full strength and stamped off once to tie in with the ombre design of the paper on the front of the card.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Colorful Seasons', 'Hang Your Stocking' & 'Labels to Love' sets
CS: SU! Dapper Denim & Whisper White (thick & regular)

Patterned paper: SU! 'Color Theory' DSP stack
Ink: SU! Dapper Denim
Tools: SU! 'Seasonal Layers' Thinlits & 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die sets, 'Everyday Label' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! 1/8" silver ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10