Tuesday 15 August 2017

Wood, Burlap & Tulips Thank You Card

Finally I got some time to get inky in my craft room!  I took the chance to play with the gorgeous SU! hostess set called 'Tranquil Tulips' to make a thank you card for a good friend.  This is the first outing for the tulips set but the 'Pinewood Planks' embossing folder and the 'Burlap' background stamp are becoming firm favourites!

I stamped the tulip flowers in Berry Burst ink, full strength for the detailed images and stamped off once for the solid background images.  I stamped the stems and leaves in Lemon Lime Twist ink and the flower stamens in black ink.  I stamped the 'Burlap' background stamp over the top in Crumb Cake ink, trimmed the panel to size, inked the edges of the panel with Crumb Cake ink and layered it onto a mat of Basic Black CS.  I embossed a piece of Crumb Cake CS with the 'Pinewood Planks' embossing folder and dragged my Whisper White Craft ink pad down the CS piece a few times.  I heat set the craft ink with my heat tool and inked the edges of the wood panel with black ink.

After adhering the wood panel flat to the A6 Crumb Cake card base I popped up the tulips image layer.  I stamped and punched the sentiment label, giving that the burlap background look too and popped the label up.  The SU! 2017 Autumn/Winter catalogue has a fab new label punch and a couple of stamp sets that go with it and the punch and one of the stamp sets went on my pre-order wish list immediately!


Here's a closer look at the stamped image panel.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  The striking black and white paper is from the SU! 'Merry Little Christmas' DSP pack - another 'must have' pre-order item for me!


Christmas will be upon us before we know it and I would've liked to have started creating my Christmas card stash a lot sooner.  I've made a start now though so I'll be sharing some Christmas cards here on the blog soon!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Tranquil Tulips', 'Flourishing Phrases' & 'Labels to Love' sets, 'Burlap' background stamp
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Merry Little Christmas' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Berry Burst & Lemon Lime Twist, SU! Whisper White Craft ink, Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink
Tools: SU! 'Pinewood Planks' Dynamic embossing folder, 'Everyday Label' punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10