Thursday 26 October 2017

Cut Out Design & Ornament Warmth Of Christmas Card

A while ago I bought the Sizzix Tim Holtz Mixed Media and Mixed Media #2 sets of dies but hadn't got around to using them on a card.  I like that the negative cut out designs are large enough to make an impact on a card front so that not a lot else needs to be added.  Cards that come together quickly are great for me as my crafting time is limited these days - and quick Christmas cards are definitely what I need this year!

I made a Bermuda Bay A6 sized card base and die cut the design from a layer of Whisper White CS.  As I'd used an elegant cut out design I chose an elegant Christmas ornament to go on the card front.  I placed the ornament without sticking it down so that I could gauge where I wanted the sentiment to go and decided on a split sentiment.  I've cut the 'Wishing you a season...' sentiment stamp apart as that's easier than masking off part of the stamp.  I added a die cut silver foil ornament topper to the ornament, added some silver cord, popped the ornament up and sprinkled on a few silver sequins.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I've used the lovely stringed ornaments stamps from the SU! 'Carols of Christmas' set and I couldn't resist hanging one from the sentiment!  The 'Merry Christmas' stamp is another one that I've cut apart as I know I'll use it more that way.  To finish off I sprinkled three more silver sequins inside the card.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Carols of Christmas', 'Ornament Keepsakes' & 'Snowflake Sentiments' sets
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay
Tools: Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Mixed Media' Thinlits die set, SU! 'Holiday Ornament' Framelits die set, SU! 'Delicate Ornament' Thinlits die set, SU! circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! silver sequins, Dimensionals


Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10