Tuesday 24 October 2017

Leaves & Daisies Thank You So Much Card

My lovely friend Lesley gave me a gorgeous leaves die from The Works.  I just had to die cut it as soon as possible, it's beautiful, especially cut from gold foil CS!  I didn't have time to make a card with it then so the die cut has sat on my desk for over a week and now I've been able to create a card with it - a thank you card for Lesley.

I made an A6 card from SU! Basic Black CS, added a layer of gold foil CS and cut a black CS square to mount the leaves and flowers onto.  I chose to use open petalled die cut flowers to tie in with the open design of the leaves.  Black, white and gold is such an elegant combo!  The stamped and die cut sentiment label is popped up.  A fab die from the SU! 'Trim Your Stocking' die set was used to cut out gold foil dots which I placed on the sentiment label and flower centres.  It's going to be a die I reach for often as small dots come in so handy and the die cuts out 8 at a time - brilliant!


I came across Concord & 9th's 'Select a Size Edge' dies whilst looking for something else and I thought they looked really interesting.  I made the mistake of watching the video and you know what happened next, that's right, the die set was added to the cart.  I've used one of the dies in the set to cut a fancy edge on the panel for the inside of the card.  I love the fact that there are alignment tabs on the dies so you know what size to trim your paper to and then you can easily align the die and get a perfectly centred cut.  I added a strip of patterned paper, stamped a sentiment, stamped some sequins and added 3 gold foil dots.


Out came my wonderful envelope punch board and in a jiffy I'd made an envelope.  I popped up a stamped and die cut name label and added a couple of gold foil dots to finish.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' set, SU! 'Painted Petals' & 'Hello Darling' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Whisper White & gold foil CS
Ink: SU! Basic Black Archival
Tools: Leaves die from The Works, Sweet Dixie 'Daisy Set' dies, Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' Frame Cuts die, Concord & 9th 'Select a Size Edge' die set, SU! 'Trim Your Stocking' Thinlits die set, SU Envelope Punch Board

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals
Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10