Saturday 28 October 2017

Two Snowflake Border Season's Greetings Cards

The Works have some really great dies and they're great value too!  As I love snowflake designs I couldn't resist the snowflake border die.  I knew I wanted an Island Indigo and Pool Party colour combo but wasn't sure whether I wanted a white or silver foil snowflake border so I cut out both.  As I'd cut out two borders I thought I may as well make two cards!

This card was the one I put together first.  I've used a die from the MFT 'Blueprints 18' set to cut an angled shape mat layer and I glued the border to the shape.  I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I adhered three snowflake sequins and added rhinestone jewels to the snowflake border.


For the second card I decided to emboss the Island Indigo angled mat layer and I used the SU! 'Softly Falling' folder.  This time I stamped the sentiment on the Pool Party card front using Island Indigo ink.  I die cut a silver foil snowflake from the SU! 'Seasonal Layers' die set, glued a 3/4" Pool Party circle behind and adhered the snowflake to the mat layer with a large glue dot.


I stamped the same sentiments and images on the insides of both cards and envelopes.  


I stamped a snowflake border on both envelope fronts.


Nothing is popped up on these two cards so they'll be perfect for posting.  I'm happy that I've added another two Christmas cards to the box!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Snowflake Sentiments' set, Penny Black 'Snow Brackets' stamp, My Cute Stamps 'Let It Snow!' set
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Pool Party& Whisper White, SU! Silver Foil Sheet
Ink: SU! Island Indigo, VersaMark
Tools: MFT Die-namics 'Blueprints 18' set, M&C Boutique snowflake border die from The Works, SU! 'Seasonal Layers' Thinlits die set, 'Softly Falling' embossing folder, 3/4" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white EP, rhinestone jewels, snowflake sequins, Dimensionals, large glue dot

Ruth

1 comment:

Retiredmimi said...

These cards are so beautiful. I love snow flakes even though where I live in Central Texas sees very little snow.

01 09 10