Tuesday 26 December 2017

Mojo CD Christmas Card

Every year one of my Christmas presents to my husband Owen is a subscription to the music magazine Mojo.  Every issue of the magazine comes with a free CD and back in 2005 a 'Blue Christmas' CD was the free offering.  A few years ago Owen had a clear out of a few CDs and the 'Blue Christmas' CD ended up in the discard pile.  I thought I'd be able to use the CD one day for a Christmas card so I saved it in my stash.  I found it a couple of weeks ago and decided that I would use the CD this year for Owen's Christmas card.

I love that the CD looks like a vinyl record!  I made a 5 3/4" square Basic Black card base and added a layer of patterned paper from the SU! 'Merry Music' DSP pack.  I die cut a large white CS circle, adhered that to the card front and popped the CD up on Dimensionals.  I then added some die cut snowflakes to the CD.


Here's the inside of the card.  I applied glue to the centres of the white snowflakes only so I could get some dimension.


I used the same pattern DSP to make an envelope with the Envelope Punch Board but chose the white and black colourway rather than the black and white.  I die cut a name label and popped that up.  This is one of the quickest cards I've made for Owen - which was just what I needed as I was so behind with my Christmas preparation this year!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Embellished Ornaments' set
CS: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Merry Music' DSP pack
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Apothecary Accents' die set, Grand Circle Nestabilities die
Embellishments & accessories: Mojo CD, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10