Tuesday 30 January 2018

Cake Birthday Card & Gift Box

Last Thursday my friend Jan came round for a crafty afternoon.  I took the opportunity of playing with my new 'Sweet Soirée' suite goodies from the SU! 2018 Spring/Summer catalogue to design a project for Jan to make.  Many years ago Jan used to decorate beautiful iced cakes so I thought making a card featuring a tiered cake on an ornate stand would tickle her fancy!  After making the card I decided to decorate a silver mini gable box to match.

The 'Sweet Soirée' Specialty DSP is gorgeous and I chose colours featured in the papers as the combo for the project  - Old Olive, Powder Pink, Calypso Coral and Marina Mist.  When using subtle colours I like to add a pop of dark colour and for this project I added some black.  Here is the card and gift box together.


Here is just the card.  I stamped the cake in Calypso Coral ink onto Powder Pink CS and after die cutting the cake I inked the shape with Powder Pink ink applied with a sponge dauber.  I die cut some greenery and stamped and die cut some Marina Mist flowers - I applied Marina Mist ink to the edges of the flowers using a dauber.  I popped up the cake, the flowers and the sentiment square.  To add a touch of sparkle I added three small rhinestone jewels to the sentiment square.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I cut the cake from a piece of DSP, adhered it to a Stitched Square die cut shape and popped the square up.


Here's the mini gable gift box.  These boxes are fab, a great size and they're easy to put together - and no adhesive is required!  There's a very pretty tag die in the 'Sweet Cake' Framelits die set and I tied the tag to the box with Whisper White baker's twine after I'd decorated the tag with greenery and flowers.


Jan loved the card and box and we enjoyed a very happy afternoon!  😊

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Cake Soirée' set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Marina Mist, Powder Pink Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Sweet Soirée' Specialty DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Marina Mist & Powder Pink
Tools: SU! 'Sweet Cake' & 'Stitched Shape' Framelits die sets, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! 'Silver Mini Gable Box', Whisper White baker's twine, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10