Thursday 1 February 2018

February 2018 Card Group Projects

We met up today for the first card group of 2018 and we enjoyed a lovely afternoon!  I designed three nice and simple cards for the ladies to make, a thinking of you card and two birthday cards - one of which is suitable for a male.

Up first is the thinking of you card made with the stunning floral image from the SU! 'Heartfelt Blooms' Sale-A-Bration set.  The colour combo is Pink Pirouette and Fresh Fig and the floral image is stamped onto a square of paper from the SU! 'Wood Textures' DSP stack.  The pretty pink strip was cut using a die from the SU! 'Flourish' Thinlits die set.  I popped up the stitched oval sentiment.


Here's a closer look at the floral image.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


The second card features a new stamp set from the SU! 2018 Spring/Summer catalogue called 'Southern Serenade'.  I loved the flowers and the sentiments as soon as I saw the set and I especially loved the lace stamps so I knew I'd have to get it!  I saw this lovely card made by Jenn Tinline on Pinterest and I've CASEd Jenn's design.  

Jenn's card was very pretty in pink but because I'd used pink for the first card I changed the colour combo.  I wanted to use the SU! watercolour pencils to colour in the flowers so prompted by what pencil colours there are I opted for Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry.  I didn't use water with the pencils I just used the dry pencils to colour in which is so quick and easy.  I stamped the lace strip and the flower stem - using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for perfect placement.  I then stamped the lace background a few times over the white panel using stamped off once Daffodil Delight ink.  This acts to colour in the flowers a little bit and I added more colour with the Daffodil Delight pencil and coloured the flower centres with the Rich Razzleberry pencil.  I made a Daffodil Delight A6 card base, stamped the lace background image a few times in full strength Daffodil Delight ink and I  stamped the sentiment.  I matted the image panel to a layer of Rich Razzleberry CS, adhered an Old Olive flagged banner behind the panel and glued the whole thing to the Daffodil Delight card base.  I added a rhinestone jewel to the banner for a touch of sparkle.    


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I used the Old Olive watercolour pencil to colour in the sentiment banner.  The stamped circle on the envelope flap was coloured in the same way as the main image panel of the card, cut out with a circle punch and layered onto a larger Rich Razzleberry punched circle.


The third card uses one of my favourite stamp sets, the SU! 'Lift Me Up' set, I love the hot air balloons!  I based the layout of this card on the previous card - I just rotated the layout to a portrait orientation.  Such an easy way to come up with a layout for a card and definitely helpful for those times when you're struggling to come up with a design or you need a design in a hurry!  Once I'd stamped the sentiment and added the patterned paper it was just a case of stamping and die cutting the balloons.  I glued the small balloons direct to the clouds paper but popped the large balloon up.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I glued the strip of patterned paper to the bottom of the white panel and drew a line above the paper with a marker - a quick cheat but very effective!


Supplies for thinking of you card:
Stamps: SU! 'Heartfelt Blooms' set
CS: SU! Fresh Fig, Pink Pirouette & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU 'Wood Textures' DSP stack
Ink: SU! Fresh Fig
Tools: SU! 'Flourish' Thinlits & 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die sets
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for floral happy birthday card:
Stamps: SU! 'Southern Serenade' & 'Birthday Blossoms' sets
CS: SU! Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: SU! 'Banner Triple' punch, SU! circle punches, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Watercolour Pencils, rhinestone jewel, Dimensionals


Supplies for balloons happy birthday card:
Stamps: SU! 'Lift Me Up' set, Hero Arts 'Messages With Flourish' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Smoky Slate & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Carried Away' DSP
Ink: SU! Night of Navy
Tools: SU! 'Up & Away' Thinlits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10